10.05.2010

its mini candy month bitchesssssss....

oh yes. i have fun size fever y'all.

this is my plan of action: purchase ONE single bag of whatever halloween candy of my choice. i give myself carte blanche to eat it whenever i want. i can choose to eat it all at once, or i can choose to make it last. regardless of what i choose, on november 1st, the leftover candy is getting given or thrown away. that gives me roughly one small piece of candy per day if i stretch it out.

so i'm giving myself this chance. i'm not giving myself any restrictions. i'm thinking of it like a bank account, very much the way i view my calorie "budget" for the day. i have so much of x. i have y amount of days to make it last. i can choose to "spend" it all at once, and feel tempted for the rest of the time. or i can budget, spread it out so that i can satisfy my halloween candy cravings all month long.

sounds like a win to me.


dudes though, i think i found my new favorite school night dinner. tonight i came home starrrrrrving. i was craving some salmon, but so did not want to fire up the oven and wait around for one little piece of fish. so i decided to take a bowl, put the frozen salmon filet in the bottom and poured in about a half cup of water and 2 tablespoons of low-sodium teriyaki sauce. topped it with parsley and a little garlic powder and nuked it for 5 minutes. it came out tender and just a little crispy on the top and sides, just the way i like it. it sucked up all the marinade and made it so so so tasty. a quick nuked baked potato and green beans and i had dinner ready to go in less than ten minutes.
awesome.

in other awesome news, i've been crazy busy and minorly stressed, but for once there's nothing bad about it. everything is kicking ass. i was awarded a scholarship, which will definitely help pay for school/books next semester and i am currently carrying all A's in all my classes, all of which i love. i am also on the cusp of deciding if i want to finish my associates degree or go hardcore and get my BA. i think part of me has already decided, but i want to carefully weigh all my options.

slowly working my way back to having healthy eating and activity be second nature. it's taking a while, but each day that i complete my goals is one more day towards a future of doing it every day. a healthy future where i am not held back by my weight and bad habits.

and in the spirit of doing healthy things, i am setting my quit smoking date (the latest, gonna try damn hard to make it the last time) for my birthday. november 5th 2010 i will be 23. i am giving myself the gift of health. giving myself the gift of breaking my dependence on ciggarettes for support. i want to work up to being able to live life without needing the crutch of smoking. i deserve it.

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I love teriyaki and cajun on my salmon!! hahaha it so bomb!!

    And holy wow!! Yay for quitting smoking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quitting smoking is definitely a great idea. Good luck! I don't envy you the task.

    I know you're playing around with backgrounds, so fwiw the yellow is a bit hard to read. You can see the post just fine, but the title is unreadable, and things like the time stamp and "Long-Term Goals" on the side are a strain.

    The candy plan sounds fine, just make sure you stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And in the spirit of giving people random advice on the internet: go for the BA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think your candy idea is a good one. You just restarted your WL and those little buggers are not going to help you reach your goals! Will you miss them? I suppose you will but losing some weight this month will feel better then those candy bars tasted. Know what I mean?

    P.S. I am a smoker too. I commend you for trying to quit!

    ReplyDelete