1.07.2010

what the wha?

what is it about the dead of winter that makes me want to carbo-load like a motherfucker?

the past week or so my food choices have been less than stellar. there's been a serious lack of fruits and veggies, and also lean and red meats. no wonder i've been feeling a bit of the crud. a straight diet of pastas, breads, and cereals will easily make me feel like shit.

tonight i had a dinner of blackened chicken, pasta with garlic and parm, and a massive serving of green beans. already i can feel a difference. kind of a bit of a wake-up call. if i want to hit my goals, i have got to get back to basics.

balanced diet
+ move more
+ drink plenty of fluids
+ plenty of sleep
-------------------
= weight loss

this is the formula i KNOW works for me.

i've been letting some (if not all) of those guidelines slip away. i haven't worked out in weeks, i've been sleeping way more than i need to be, and went rather lax with my diet.

done with that lameness, right now.

school starts on monday and i plan on taking full advantage of the on-campus gym and the necessity to walk to all my classes. i plan on packing healthy, satisfying snacks and meals to get me through the day without ever having to step foot inside the dining hall.

the last time i was on campus was 15+ lbs ago. the climb to and from classes was taxing, i refuse to let it remain so.

weigh-in on saturday. good or bad...i'm facing that scale.

its time to wise up, get back to basics, and rock the fuck on.

No comments:

Post a Comment